Would you or someone you know be a great addition to the Alachua County Council of PTA’s (ACCPTA) Board? We are seeking nominations of highly motivated and qualified individuals to run for the 2020-2021 elected positions. See below for the position descriptions and how to make a nomination. Self nominations are accepted.
ACCPTA advocates for and supports all the PTA/PTSA units within our district. With emphasis on the PTA Mission to make every child’s potential a reality, ACCPTA is focused on providing information and advocacy of issues and needs that are important to the education and well-being of children. ACCPTA practices this purpose with efforts and support to local PTA/PTSAs and their school community including a broad range of training, community information meetings, legislative involvement on education and children’s health, and much more. If you know someone who can make an important contribution to the work of ACCPTA, contributing to making a difference in the lives and education of our children, please consider nominating them.
The ACCPTA Nominating Committee will review all the general nominations submitted for each position and select a candidate for each position to be presented for election at the May 2021 General Meeting. The selected candidates list will be published at least 30 days in advance and ACCPTA Bylaws allow for additional floor nominations made in accordance with these Bylaws.
Please submit your nominations with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 11:59 p.m April 4, 2021.
- Contact Information
- School Association
- Current/Previous PTA Positions
- President – The president shall preside at all meetings of the council, the executive board, and the executive committee; sign orders on the treasury of the council with the treasurer or, in the absence or inability of the treasurer, a designated vice president; be a member ex-officio of all committees except the nominating committee; appoint members of special committees, unless others ordered by the executive board or the general assembly; appoint a parliamentarian; represent the council personally or by appointing an alternate on all committees of the Alachua County Public School system and other organizations deemed appropriate by the executive board; serve on the Florida PTA board of directors; perform such other duties as may be assigned by the executive board or the general membership
- Vice President – A vice president shall sign orders on the treasury of the council with either the treasurer or the president in the absence or inability of either officer. The vice president shall serve as aide to the president and in absence of inability of the president to serve shall, in their designated order, perform the duties of the office; perform such duties as may be designated by the president, the executive board or the general membership.
- Secretary – The recording secretary shall record the minutes of all meetings of the council, the executive board and the executive committee; present recommendations and information from the executive board at general meetings of the council; be custodian of all records of the council except those delegated to others; conduct such correspondence as delegated by the president; send all notices of meetings; perform such other duties as may be assigned by the president, the executive board or the general membership.
- Treasurer – The treasurer shall be custodian of all monies; prepare and submit to the association for approval, a budget for the fiscal year, keep an itemized account of all receipts and disbursements; disburse monies only upon receipt of a voucher; sign orders on the treasury of the council with the president, or in the absence or inability of the president, a designated vice president; collect all dues of this council and notify by mail those local PTAs/PTSAs whose dues have not been paid on or after September 30th; present a written financial statement at every meeting of the association and at other times when requested by the executive board; present an annual report at the annual meeting; close the books June 30th and submit the records for audit not later than July 15th; perform such other duties as may be assigned by the president, the executive board or the general membership.