Our local PTA units and others in the community can use these resources to help spread the word about our local and statewide advocacy efforts.
ACCPTA is working with county and statewide organizations to raise awareness about the importance of completing the Census in March and April 2020.
- Census 2020 talking points, including statistics specific to Florida and Alachua County
- Census 2020 Email Template for PTA’s for communication to PTA/PTSA members
- Social media graphics, including a Facebook profile and cover photo
- Image with data specific to Florida
- Flier from the City of Gainesville, including dates and a web link for participation
- Video from the US Census: What is the 2020 Census?
- Video from local leaders: Why is the Census Important to Alachua County?
- Presentation at ACCPTA Training Feb. 2020, from FL KIDS COUNT, US Census Bureau, USF and Hillsborough County Council PTA
- Fact sheets from the U.S. Census
- Timeline for distribution of census materials
- Order posters, from the National Education Association
- Statistics in Schools– curriculum that was provided to Alachua County teachers
This Alachua County Advocates PTA #REDforED campaign aims to raise awareness of the statewide teacher shortage and what can be done to help our teachers.
- Supporting our Teachers, Supporting our Children, talking points about changes needed at the state level
- Why this is happening, and what we can do
- Gainesville Sun article on the Teacher Shortage, from ACCPTA’s Megan Hendricks, Jan. 2019
- Heart & word cloud image
- T-shirt sales link
- 8 ways to keep teachers in Florida, from the Florida Education Association
- Teacher Appreciation article, from ACCPTA’s Khanh-Lien Banko, May 2018
- REDforED Campaign Launch