Mission & Purpose
The mission of PTAs everywhere is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children. In short, we are advocates for ALL children. For over 120 years, we have been the largest volunteer child advocacy association in the United States. The Alachua County Council of PTAs (ACCPTAs) supports and provides the county voice for our local PTA school units.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, places of worship, and throughout the community
- To raise the standards of home life
- To advocate for laws that further the education, physical and mental health, welfare, and safety of children and youth
- To promote the collaboration and engagement of families and educators in the education of children and youth
- To engage the public in united efforts to secure the physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social well-being of all children and youth
- To advocate for fiscal responsibility regarding public tax dollars in public education funding