Supporting Our Kids
The information below provides valuable tools for supporting our kids’ mental well being as well as local mentorship programs.
Locally, we have many non-profit resources available to help our children. A full list is available here.
- Tips for talking to your children about drugs at all ages
- Children Learn What They Live
- Children’s Mental Health Matters
- Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide (SPTS): Talking to Your Kid About Suicide
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP): Talking to Children About Suicide
- Talking to Children About Violence: Tips for Parents and Educators
- Resiliency After Violence
Mentorship programs provide countless benefits for both the mentee and the mentor. Locally, we have many organizations that support our youth and are always looking for volunteers. Click here to view local opportunities.